TAF's program - Technical Assistance Facility for the Government of Lebanon - Lebanese University- High-Performance Computing
OMSAR - EU
Moustapha Noureddine, Senior expert - Crown Agents
The high-performance computing (HPC) project for Lebanon is a project dedicated for the scientific and technological research purposes that will benefit the Lebanese society at large.
In a collaborate effort between The European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) and the Ministry of Telecommunication / OGERO and a handful of major Universities in Lebanon, the parties agreed to Install and Operate the first, in its scale, “HPC4L” High Performance Computing facility in Lebanon.
There are two main goals of the project:
- For CERN to establish an HPC facility providing high computing power for the CERN/CMS offline computing effort to analyze data produced at CERN’s Large Hadron Collider in Geneva, Switzerland.
- For the Lebanese parties to establish an HPC for research and development, the participating Lebanese parties are:
- Lebanese University
- American University of Beirut
- Université Saint Josef
- Lebanese American University
- Beirut Arab University
- National Council for Scientific Research (CNRS)
- Ministry of Telecommunication (MoT)